Kibbeh Labanieh is meat kibbeh cooked in a yogurt sauce. The deliciously creamy yogurt sauce flecked with ghee, pine nuts and cilantro pesto, and in it swam several balls of kibbeh that are cooked to that perfect point where they stay intact in the bowl, but crumble readily in your mouth. Yum!
- The Dough:
- The filling:
- yogurt sauce:
- Coriander pesto:
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- using a meat mincer machine (Grinder), mince all the ingredient together.
- knead to form a consistent dough. set in the fridge.
- Over a medium heat, saute onion with ghee until tender.
- Add meat, salt and pepper, stir until tender.
- Add pine-nuts, mix and set aside to cool.
Forming and filling Kibbeh:
- Cut dough into small pieces (30-50 g each).
- Form the piece into a ball, make a whole using your finger while spinning the ball in your palm.
- Fill with the meat mixture. (approximately 1 tablespoon of filling).
- Close the ball by pressing on the top of it while spinning it.
- Deep fry them until half done (remove them when they start getting a light color). set in a strainer (or over a kitchen paper)to drain.
The Yogurt sauce:
- In a large pan, mix yogurt, cornstarch mix, eggs.
- Bring to a boil over a medium heat, starring continually.
- Add salt, and pepper. Continue stirring.
- Add Kibbeh, mix gently and cook for 5 minutes.
- sprinkle dried mint.
- Move into a serving bowl.
- Heat Ghee over medium heat.
- Add garlic, coriander and mix until tender.
- Drizzle over Kibbeh and serve with Rice.