The word is derived from the Arabic kubbah or kibbeh, which means "ball’. Today we are inviting you to try this tasty Middle Eastern version of Kibbet al bata (Potato Kibbeh) that will blow your mind away!
1. Put the potatoes, starch, salt and black pepper in a food processor. Mash well until obtaining a homogeneous mixture and then put it aside.
2. To make the filling: In a saucepan over high heat, heat the oil and fry the onion until transparent.
3. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, then add the meat.
4. Season with salt, black pepper and allspices, leave until cooked.
5. Form the potato mixture to medium-sized balls, then stuff each ball with one teaspoon of the filling.
6. Dip each potato balls with eggs and rusk (breadcrumbs).
7. Deep fry the potato balls in hot vegetable oil, about 20 – 30 minutes. Drain and serve them hot.