The word bread is commonly used around the world in English-speaking countries as a synonym for money (as is the case with the word "dough"). Onionin invites you today to try out this amazing oriental recipe of bread that will melt your heart away!
1. Toast the sesame seeds and the anise and fennel first to intensify their taste.
2. In a big bowl add flour, salt, sugar, all the seeds, vanilla, yeast, and mix lightly.
3. Put the ghee or butter on heat till it bubbles lightly, let cool a little bit then add to the flour, mix well, then add the cream and the yogurt, knead well till you have a soft manageable dough, a little bit sticky.
4. Let it rise covered in a warm dark place for 1/2 hour.
5. Then cut it into large egg sized balls, and let rise again for 2 hour.
6. Press each ball into a disc the size you prefer, and put in your trays, don’t use the rolling pin in this step pressing the balls by hands gives much better results. (Don’t brush the trays with anything).
7. Leave the dough to rise one last time 30-60min.
8. Turn on the oven on medium heat, with a knife draw parallel lines on each disc, brush lightly with (egg + milk + vanilla) mix, and put the trays in the preheated moderate oven, it will take 10-15 min, don’t leave it for too long so it won't get dry, once the bottom is red u can use the grill to put some color on the surface.