If "lying taste" is as sweet as this recipe, then welcome lying! Why I'm saying that? Because our recipe today is called kunafa Kazabeh (lying Kunafa). It’s a wonderful treat made of toast, mozzarella, syrup, butter, and pistachios. Don’t miss out this interesting oriental recipe that will melt your heart away!
1. In a bowl, combine toast bread and butter very well, place in a tray and stacked to form the first layer.
2. In a saucepan over high- medium heat, put the milk, semolina, sugar, Mastic gum with constant stirring until thickens and set aside.
3. Pour the cream over the milk mixture, stir well and divide the mixture into two layers.
4. In a Pyrex tray, pour the first layer over the bread mixture evenly, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese over it. Then place the second layer over the cheese carefully.
5. Preheat the oven on 160 c, put the tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over high heat, put sugar, water, and 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water, if desired. Bring to a boil until thickens, remove from heat and leave to cool down.
7. Take the tray out of the oven, pass a sharp knife around the edges, then flip the Kunafa in a large serving dish.
8. Pour the syrup over the Kunafa, sprinkle with pistachios and serve hot.
A recent study shows the efficacy of mastic supplements on people with mild to moderately active Crohn's disease, a type of inflammatory bowel disease.
These individuals experienced significant decreases in symptoms and inflammatory markers in plasma after taking mastic for four weeks.
Liver protective effects associated with mastic. Blood tests of participants taking 5g of mastic daily showed decreased levels of certain liver enzymes compared to initial levels, an indicator of better liver health.