Goat’s head cooked, sounds weird right?! This recipe is considered one of the most well known recipes in the Middle Eastern cuisine. Check out this interesting recipe that you will really love it.
1. Preheat oven to 204 C.
2. Put the olive oil in a frying pan, under medium high heat, then add the two goat head halves and browned them on each side.
3. Take them out and placed the onions and sautéed them.
4. Add the tomatoes and let them cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add all the spices –cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt, and let that cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomato paste and a cup of water. (Boiling hot water is preferable).
7. After about 3 minutes add the goat head halves , then add more water to cover them completely (if your frying pan is not deep enough then transfer to an oven dish), cover with foil and place in the oven.
8. Once you hear it bubbling lower the temperature to 177 and let bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. (The only meat that needs to be tender is on the jaw line of the goat’s head. Once that is tender then it is done. Make sure that the sauce is nice and thick, but not dry).
9. Place on a serving platter, garnish with cilantro and serve with toasted French bread.