If you like lamb, this beautiful recipe is a must. The amazing flavor of this dish is so unique. Lamb has a very specific flavor and pomegranate imparts a fresh, slightly tart flavor to the stew that is unusual but perfectly harmonized against the lamb’s earthiness. Check out this Persian favorite recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. In a large frying pan, sauté onions in olive oil. Once onions begin to brown add lamb cubes. Simmer on low and allow to cook for about 25 minutes.
2. In the meantime, prepare pomegranate sauce by combining chicken stock, pomegranate syrup, walnuts, and sugar in saucepan over low heat. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Once lamb is done simmering, drain fat and juices. Add spices and mix well. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pomegranate sauce and allow to cook on low for about 10 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with white rice. Sprinkle toasted walnuts on top for garnish.
The pomegranate is a fruit that contains hundreds of edible seeds called arils. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds, but they also contain some sugar.
Pomegranates contain punicalagins and punicic acid, unique substances that are responsible for most of their health benefits.
Walnuts contain the amino acid l-arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors.
One of the lesser-known benefits of walnuts is their impact on male fertility. Among men who consume a Western-style diet, adding 75 grams of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, motility, and morphology.