Carbs in your salad can make a good small meal, especially if you are vegan! try using Maftoul "the Palastanian coucous" in salads and taste the difference.
- The Maftoul
- Vegetable mix
Step by Step method
Prepare the Maftoul and set aside on tray to cool:
- Boil water and salt in a sausepan.
- Toast Maftoul in with olive oil for 4 minutes,
- Add toasted Maftoul to the boiling water and let simmer for 12 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and spread on tray to cool.
- Soak raisins with hot water in a pan for 10 minutes then let cool and drain.
- Cut onion into quarter inch pieces
- Sute onion with olive oil, and let cool.
- Chop green onion into quarter inch pieces
- Chop parsley, finely
- Cut the hot pepper into thin slice at angle.
In a small bowl, whisk oilive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and spice.
- Add Vegetables and dressing to the maftoul
- move to a serving platter and enjoy!