Mann al Sama (Manna from heaven) is a delectable white, spongy and gummy Middle Eastern sweet that has cardamom, pistachios, corn syrup, and manu other ingredients to sweet your sweet tooth. The taste and texture of this candy is completely unique, and you have to try it out to feel and taste its uniqueness.
1. Dissolve sugar with corn syrup, salt and water in a pan, stirring from time to time. Test the syrup by placing a drop on the counter, it should be firm and not drip.
2. Whip egg whites, while syrup is cooking, until firm and still shiny.
3. Pour 1/4 of the syrup over the egg whites and keep whipping. Cook the remainder of the syrup until thicker. Add the rest of the syrup to the egg whites and keep whipping.
4. Fold in cardamom, butter, and pistachios.
5. Spread the taffy into a pan that is greased and floured. Leave it for 12 hours or longer.
6. Cut the taffy into small squares and form into balls; dip in cornstarch to keep them from sticking.
7. Serve Maan Al Sama with black coffee, and keep them in a cool area.