A traditional Palestinian dish, renown as "Upside down", made with Eggplant, Cauliflower, or vegetables.
- The Lamb
Step by Step method
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add Eggplant and fry until it becomes golden.
- Drain on a piece of kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
- Wash the meat.
- Add the meat in a saucepan over a high heat. And Add water.
- Get rid of Impurities when appear on top.
- Add laurel, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- Cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Wash the rice several times. Set aside.
- Strain broth. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a pan, place the meat, eggplants, and rice, in order.
- Pour the broth gently.
- Cook over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Fry the pine nuts using the ghee. Set aside
- Fry the minced meat in the remaining ghee. Set aside.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat.
- Cover the pan with the serving platter.
- Using your two hands, flip the pan with platter so the platter will be in the bottom and covered by the pan".
- Remove the pan gently.
- Sprinkle pine nuts and minced meet on top.
- Serve with yogurt or vegetable salad.