Onionin invites today to try our new oriental version of maqluba with meat and carrots that you will absolutely love it. This Middle Eastern dish has many ways to prepare; today we want to teach you how to prepare this authentic dish with rice, meat, carrots, cinnamon, allspices, and many other ingredients. The best way to serve this dish is with plain yoghurt and green salad.
1. In a saucepan, over high heat, add the meat and fry until cooked. Season with salt, cinnamon, allspices, and nutmeg.
2. Transfer the meat into a large pot, press well in the bottom of the pot, then spread the onion slices over it.
3. Now, sprinkle a layer of grated carrots on top of onions.
4. In a bowl, mix the rice with pine nuts, then put the mixture as a final layer in the pot.
5. Pour water in the pot until cover all the ingredients.
6. Leave the mixture on medium heat, about 30 minutes or until the rice cooked.
7. Flip the mixture into a serving dish, and serve it hot with green salad and plain yoghurt.