This Middle Eastern treat is full of flavor! It's the perfect ending to any meal or excellent alongside a cup of coffee or tea. Check out this tasty Middle Eastern cake recipe and enjoy it to the last bite.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, place dates and add water just to cover. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Drain dates and place in food processor. Blend until dates have a paste-like consistency.
3. In a large bowl add all dry ingredients and mix gently with a fork. Add butter, eggs, and warm dates. Beat with hand mixer until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
4. Pour ingredients into a greased and lightly floured metal pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until inserted knife or skewer comes out clean.