In Morocco, these cakes are very inexpensive and generally sold as street food to be eaten on the street as an egg and potato sandwich stuffed into flatbread with a thin layer of tomato sauce. These are a simple cake and not meant to be fancy; just really tasty. You can also replace the scallions with onions if you have no scallions. Enjoy the taste!
1. Mix all but flour and oil together in a large bowl.
2. Form 16 patties using 1/4 cup of the mix to about 1/3 inch thick. Use floured hands if necessary.
3. Coat each patty with the flour, hitting to knock off any excess of flour.
4. Shallow fry in vegetable oil on medium to medium high heat until deep golden brown.
5. If you need to, you can refrigerate the floured patties to cook off an hour or so later or for ease in handling if you have difficulty.