For those who don’t know what is Mudardara, it's primarily considered as a part of the Lebanese cuisine, and consist of cooked lentils together with groats, wheat or rice, garnished with roasted onions that have been sautéed in vegetable oil. Check out this amazing fusion dish of mudardara with dates and ginger that you will absolutely love it.
1. In a deep sauce pan, combine green lentils, water and MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat until lentils are 3/4 done. Using a sieve strain lentils, reserving both stock and lentils separately.
2. In a medium pot heat vegetable oil, fry onions until golden brown. Remove half from pot and set aside for garnish.
3. Drain and add soaked burghul to onions in the pan, add ginger and gently sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add spices, reserved stock from lentils and gently stir on medium low heat for 2 minutes.
4. Gently fold in the 3/4 cooked lentils and chopped dates, allow to cook on low heat until all liquid is absorbed.
5. Serve in a large platter, garnishing with fried onions and chopped parsley.