After birth people visit the new mother to congratulate her on the baby arrival. Carawya is a special type of desert almost exclusively served for this occasion. The word Carawya is Arabic for caraway. No surprise the fragrant seeds are the main ingredient in the dish.
- For Garnish
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Ground rice with food processor.
- Add the cold water, Rice, carawya,cinnamon, and sugar to a deep pot.
- Bring to boil on a medium heat stirring continuously.
- The mixture should be custard-thick.
- Smooth the mixture with the blender.
- Serve warm in tea cups or desert bowls.
- Top with a generous layer of coconut then the rest of the nuts.