Cooked lentils are popular all over the Middle East and form the basis of many dishes. Mujaddara is a popular dish throughout the Arab world, and is generally made using brown or green lentils and rice, that can be seasoned with cumin, coriander, or mint. Try our new version of mujadara with meat and pine seeds that you will absolutely love it.
1. Warm vegetable oil in a large pot, fry chopped onions for 3 minutes or until they becomes tender. Add Garlic, chicken stock, water and lentil. Bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 50 minutes or until lentil is cooked.
2. Blend the mixture using a hand blender or food processor until it becomes very smooth. Return the mixture back to heat. Add the rice and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes with constant stirring or until rice is well cooked and mixture thickens, add some hot water if needed.
3. In separate pan heat butter, add onions, fry till golden remove and set aside.
4. In the same pan fry minced meat until fully cooked, add pine seeds and spices, return the onion mixture to the pan and mix well.
5. To serve place lentil stew in a large bowl, and add a layer of meat and onion mixture on top.