Are you looking for a meatless, healthy, full of nutrition soup? Well, check out this oriental tasty recipe that will melt your heart away! Of all legumes and nuts, lentils contain the third-highest levels of protein. 26 percent of lentil’s calories are attributed to protein, which makes them a wonderful source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
1. Use a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat.
2. Sauté the onions in the oil til lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
3. Add the stock, mushrooms, carrots, lentils, rosemary and bay leaf, and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover loosely, and let simmer until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Discard the bay leaf and serve.