Eating healthy when you're pregnant can be hard: You have crazy cravings and an even crazier schedule. But eating right is important for your growing baby, so check out these nutritious, dietician recipe of Mushroom Quinoa Risotto that you will absolutely love it.
1. In a medium pot, heat the broth over low heat and simmer while you prepare the rest of the dish.
2. In another medium pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic, and sauté until soft and translucent, stirring often to prevent browning. Add the quinoa and cook for a few minutes, stirring, until the grains are coated in oil and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until evaporated. Ladle 1/2 cup of hot broth into the quinoa, stir and simmer until the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Continue the process, adding 1/2 cup broth at a time, until the quinoa is fully cooked and there’s no more broth, about 25 minutes. This is your risotto.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoon oil in a small saute pan, add the shiitake mushrooms and cook, until browned. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and set aside. Repeat with the trumpet mushrooms.
5. Stir the shiitake mushrooms and Parmesan cheese into the risotto. Spoon into 4 serving bowls and top with the trumpet mushrooms. Serve immediately, with additional Parmesan cheese for sprinkling.
This recipe is dedicated for pregnant ladies, but it's not exclusive for them. Everyone can try it out as a light healthy snack and enjoy it's amazing taste.