Pureed Fava Beans Dip, Medieval Style, You can prepare this dip year round using frozen green fava beans. easy to make and delicious dish.
- For garnish:
Step by Step method
- Put fava beans in a medium pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium, and let boil gently for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain beans and reserve some of the liquid, in case you need it.
- When beans are cool enough to handle, peel and mash them with a fork.
- Saute onion in oil until it starts to brown.
- Add coriander and cilantro, and stir briefly.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of it for garnish, add the rest to the mashed beans along with garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, lemon juice, and ground pistachio.
- If mixture looks dry, add a little of the drained liquid in which beans were cooked or some extra lemon juice, to taste.
- Spread mixture in a shallow bowl, and garnish with the browned onion, olive oil, olives, and basil or parsley.
- Serve with warm bread.