Naranj, Bitter orange, Seville orange, sour orange, or marmalade orange refers to a citrus tree and its fruit, a hybrid between Citrus maxima (pomelo) and Citrus reticulata (mandarin). Many varieties of bitter orange are used for their essential oil, and are found in perfume, used as a flavoring or as a solvent. Today we are pleased to introduce to you a new Mediterranean version of juice which is called Naranj (Bitter orange) that you will absolutely love it.
1. Squeeze bitter oranges in a glass container and leave it aside.
2. In a pot, melt sugar in the water over low heat.
3. Add lemon juice, and leave the mixture to boil for 10 minutes, or until it becomes thick.
4. Pour the mixture (While it’s hot) over the bitter orange juice, stir well.
5. Transfer the juice into a refrigerator, leave to chill. Serve with ice cubes, if desired.