Most bavarian restaurants have this Camembert spread (dip) on their menu, it is also called "angemachter Camembert". Great as appetizer or in between meals. It's usually served on a Whole Grain or Rye Bread or personal favorite a fresh, warm Brezel.
Step by Step method
- Cut Camembert and Brie in small cubes.
- Add the cream cheese and mash with a fork until both cheesesare combined well.
- Add butter gradually until desired consistency is reached as well as the seasonings, combine everything well.
- Cut the peeled onions in fine cubes and add to the cheeses, add the beer at the end and combine everything by mixing one more time.
- Scoop the Obazta in a plate or dish, spinkle more red paprika and cumin on top and garnish with red onion slices.
- Serve with fresh Rye or Whole Grain bread or a Bavarian Brezel.