Cornbread is a popular item in the Middle East cooking, enjoyed by many people for its texture and aroma. Cornbread can be baked, fried or, rarely, steamed. Steamed cornbread is mushy, chewier and more like cornmeal pudding than what most consider to be traditional cornbread. Check out this oriental version of cornbread that you will absolutely love it.
1. Preheated oven at 235 C.
2. Put the ghee in iron skillet, and place it in the oven until melting.
3. In a bowl, sift the corn flour, all purpose flour, salt, brown sugar, and sodium bicarbonate.
4. Pour the plain yoghurt over the sifted ingredients, and then add the egg and mix very well.
5. Place the mixture in the iron skillet and mix it with the ghee very well.
6. Return the skillet to the oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
7. When finished, serve the bread hot along with butter. If desired.