Onion bread is an excellent addition to soups, sandwiches, cheeses and salads. This onion bread recipe is delightfully simple to prepare and an excellent addition to your table.
1. Dissolve the yeast in 1 cup of warm water.
2. Sift together the flour and salt and mix the yeast and water.
3. Work the mixture into dough and knead for several minutes.
4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for 3 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350°.
6. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
7. With either your hand or a rolling pin, pat and press each ball of dough into a 5-inch circle about 1/2-inch thick.
8. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the pita are light golden brown.