Sweet and sour chicken is a dish frequently served in Chinese restaurants in various Western countries. Onionin invites you today to try out this oriental version of sweet and sour chicken recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. In a large bowl, mix egg white with corn starch.
2. Place the chicken pieces in the bowl and soaked at least two hours or a whole night.
3. In another bowl, mix white vinegar, ketchup, pineapple juice, and sugar. Put aside.
4. In a saucepan, over high heat, add the oil and fry the chicken pieces until cooked.
5. Take the chicken off from the pot and leave it aside.
6. In the same saucepan, add the carrots and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the red bell pepper and stir for another 30 seconds.
7. Add the mushroom and pineapple pieces to the mixture, then add the chicken, and stir together well.
8. Now, add the ketchup sauce to the mixture.
9. Let the mixture boil for a minute, no more.
10. Turn off the heat, add soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. If desired.
11. Serve sweet and sour chicken with noodles and white rice. If desired.