Parboiled rice is used for all polow recipes, so here is how you can boil rice the right way!
Step by Step method
- Wash rice several times until water runs clear.
- Soak rice with salt for at least about an hour. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t soak, but it does make a difference.
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt.
- Drain rice and Place into the boiling water.
- Keep an eye on it, as soon as the water starts boiling again it should take about 10 minutes for the rice to cook.
- While the rice cooks gently scoop the rice from the bottom of the pot and bring to the surface and release. Do this step several times. Do not stir.
- Place a colander in the sink. You might want to choose a colander where the holes are small so that the rice won’t escape.
- Check the rice to make sure it is cooked. It should be soft and cooked but not mushy.
- Drain rice in colander.
- Rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.