Pineapples are a good source of beta carotene, which is converted into active vitamin A during digestion. While the research is still in the early stages, a number of studies indicate that beta carotene may reduce the risk of exercise-induced asthma. Check out this healthy oriental version of pineapple juice with a hint of strong spices that you will absolutely love it.
1. Slice pineapple, the peel, the core and all, into thin slices.
2. Combine the sliced pineapple with the cloves, sugar and ginger in a bowl large enough to hold the water.
3. Pour the boiling water over the mixture and stir.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to a day.
5. When ready to serve, strain into a pitcher, discarding the pineapple solids and spices.