Cauliflower coated with egg-and-crumb and fired to make it deliciously crispy from the outside, leaving the inside soft and succulent. It almost melts in the mouth.
Step by Step method
- Cook cauliflower in salted water, or steam it, until just done, avoid overcooking.
- Drain it and let it cool off.
- Dip the florets in beaten eggs first, and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Fry in 2 inch-deep hot oil until golden brown, turning once to allow to brown on all sides, a few minutes.
- Drain on a white paper towel put on a colander or a rack to prevent pieces from getting soggy.
- Serve hot as a snack or with meat dishes.