One of the main dishes in winter and cold whether at every egyptian house. Taro and swiss chard stew cooked with meat cubes. a nutrient tastey recipe. taste and stay warm!
- Taro with meat:
- Swiss chard sauce:
Step by Step method
Taro with meat:
- Add taro into a boiling water. bring to a boil over a medium heat for 15 minutes. This step is to get rid of the viscid layer.
- Drain and set aside.
- Rinse meat, drain and cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan, saute onion with oil for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add meat and brown for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and cardamom.
- Add water and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Get rid of the impurities when appear at the top of the water.
- Cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Add taro and stir. Cook for 15 minutes until tender.
Swiss chard sauce:
- In a sauce pan, saute garlic with butter for 2 minutes, until golden.
- Turn heat to low, Add coriander powder, swiss chard, and half of the fresh coriander.
- Stir until tender.
- Add salt, pepper and 1 cup of stock. bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, Add fresh coriander and mix.
- Blend the sauce with food processor or blender adding another cup of stock.
There are two ways for serving this dish:
- The traditional way: Mix the sauce with Taro and meat, pour into a serving a bowl.
- Serve the sauce separatly beside the Taro with meat stew.