Roasted leg of Lamb with rice is one of many delicious choices for christmas feast and other holidays and occasions in Palestine.
- Roasted lamb:
- The Rice:
- For garnish:
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- Place the leg of lamb in oven tray, season with salt, pepper and little of vegetable oil.
- Add pieces of onion, carrot, celery and cinnamon sticks and bay leaves.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown .
- Add water, cover with foil, and cook for another 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan,
- Add the onion and stir occasional for 4 minutes or until light golden.
- Add minced lamb and cook until its brown
- Add cardamom, spices and Bouillon cubes; stir for few seconds.
- Add rice, stir for 2 minutes, and add the additional water.
- Stir occasionally until it boils, cover and simmer over a low heat for 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Spoon the rice in serving platter.
- Remove the lamb meat from bones and arrange them over the rice
- Garnish with fried nuts and serve plain yogurt aside.