We used to have a fired chicken wings as one of the favorite appetizers on any table, this recipe is a healthier version of chicken wings s fragranced with saffron.
Step by Step method
- Wash wings and pat dry.
- Cut the tip of the wing, then cut the wings and drummettes at the joint. Discard the wing tips.
- Place chicken pieces in a steamer basket and steam covered for 10 minutes.You will have to do this in two batches unless you have a two tired basket.
- Meanwhile melt butter with brewed saffron. For this recipe, you may want to splurge a little and make sure that you use enough saffron so that it has a nice bright and dense color. Set the saffron butter aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with a paper towel.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a cooling rack placed on the cookie sheet.
- Gently pat dry and allow to come to room temperature.
- Replace the paper towel under the cooling rack with parchment paper.
- Move chicken pieces around so that they do not touch making sure that there is space between them. Lightly spray with oil.
- Roast in the oven at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes make sure to flip them half way through.
- Once the wings come out, they should be nice and crispy.
- One minute before the wings are done warm the saffron butter until melted.
- As soon as the wings come out of the oven, pour melted saffron butter in a large bowl. Add fresh lime juice then season generously with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add wings and toss until all the wings are coated with the seasoning.
- Enjoy and let everyone taste!