Selou is a unique unbaked oriental sweet made from toasted unhulled sesame seeds, fried almonds and flour that has been browned in the oven. it's traditionally served after childbirth, when there's greater need to restore energy and maintain good health. Check out this tasty Middle Eastern recipe that will melt your heart away!
1. Bake the flour in a 200 c oven for 30-40 minutes or until brown in color.
2. Crush the almonds and keep some for garnishing.
3. Blend 1 1/4 cups of the sesame until they become powder.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and add the remaining 1/4 cup roasted sesame, 1/3 cup of the same oil that was used to fry the almonds.
5. Serve in a plate and garnish with the almonds.
Equally important as room-temperature ingredients are same-temperature ingredients: Add hot things to hot things, and cold things to cold things.
If you pour piping hot cream over chilly chocolate, the cocoa fat can separate, making your sauce look oily and unappealing.
That’s why many recipes call for tempering a hot ingredient with a cooler one, it ensures that the emulsion won’t seize or separate.