Are you puzzled? Looking for a distinctive dish to satisfy your appetite? Then check out this interesting Iranian recipe of sweet rice and chicken that absolutely will blow your mind away!
1. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the onions in it until tender, then add in the chicken and fry until the chicken starts changing color on all sides.
2. Pour a glass of water over the chicken and onion, season with salt and pepper then leave over medium heat for 20 minutes.
3. Add more water if necessary so that when the chicken is cooked, you should have half a cup of chicken broth remaining. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
4. Reserve 3 tablespoons of sugar for later use and dissolve the remaining sugar in a cup of water. Place over a medium flame and bring to a boil.
5. Pour the half cup of chicken broth over the water and sugar. Add in the saffron and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Stir and set aside.
6. Place the sliced orange peel in a saucepan, cover with water then bring to a boil. Remove from heat; wash with cold water then drain and set aside.
7. in a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add carrots and fry until they are soft.
8. Place the orange peel back into the saucepan; add the fried carrots and the reserved 3 tablespoons of sugar, cover with water and cook for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
9. To prepare the rice: Pour 1 cup of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Add the rice and salt. Mix well and keep on low heat until rice is soft. Then drain in a colander and wash the rice with warm water.
10. Put 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the cooking pot then put half of the rice back into the pot. Place the chicken onion mix on the rice and then cover with another layer of rice.
11. Spread half of the orange peel and carrot mix and half of the almonds and pistachios over the rice, then make another layer with the remaining rice and pour over it the sugar and chicken broth. Simmer, with the lid on for 30 minutes.
12. When done, flip the pot over a wide serving platter. The rice should be golden and molded into the shape of the pot.
13. Garnish with the remaining orange peel and carrot mix, pistachios, almonds and serve it hot.