A velvety and delicious pot of soup that is very easy to prepare with classic soup ingredients and a slight flair of exotic spices.
1. Rinse and soak the split red lentils for 15-20 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat the oil up in a large pot over medium heat.
3. Cook the onions, celery, and carrots for 7-10 minutes until they have become slightly translucent.
4. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
5. Add in the bay leaf, cumin powder, turmeric, drained lentils, chicken stock, and water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils have softened.
6. Remove the bay leaf.
7. Blend the soup to the consistency that you like.
8. Season with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.