Biryani is a mixed rice dish from the Iraqi Subcontinent. It is made basically with spices, rice and meat or vegetables. Today we'll show you how to make a delicious Biryani shrimp dish that you will absolutely love it.
1. Wash and Soak rice in cold water and set aside for 30 min.
2. In a large pot, heat vegetable oil, fry sliced onions till golden brown, remove and set aside.
3. In the same pot on medium high heat fry chopped onions till golden, add shrimp and saute till pink (about 4-5 minutes), add tomato paste, Garlic, Dill, Spices, Cinnamon sticks, Cardamom pods, MAGGI Chicken stock, and Water and bring to a simmer. Add chopped fresh coriander leaves and remove from pot and set aside.
4. In the same pot, bring to boil 1.5 liters of water, place rice and cook until rice is 3/4 cooked (andante).
5. Drain rice in a colander and discard excess water.
6. Melt Ghee on the bottom of the same pot; add a layer of strained rice, followed by a layer of shrimp and onion mixture and a sprinkle of Saffron powder. Follow this step until all the rice and shrimp sauce is used.
7. Steam rice and shrimp on med-low heat until rice is fully cooked (about 20 minute).
8. Gently fluff cooked rice ensuring even distribution of rice and shrimp.
9. Serve on a large plate, and garnished with fried sliced onions or a pinch of coriander (optional).
Biryani can be made in a pressure cooker, but the real aroma of the Biryani comes only when it is made in dum (cooked with steam).