Enjoy the taste of Beirut with this amazing traditional dish of Stewing okra with spicy sausage. The rich ingredients of okra, tomato, onion, garlic, and spicy sausage make this dish absolutely irresistible.
1. Remove Sausage meat out of natural casing and form into "golf ball size" meatballs.
2. In a large pot, over medium heat fry the sausage ball and brown until golden on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
3. In the same pot, use the juices rendered off from the sausages, fry Onions until translucent. Add Tomato paste and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Tomatoes, Garlic, Turmeric and sauté for another 5 minutes.
5. Add MAGGI Chicken stock, water and whole dried limes and simmer for 30 min.
6. In an oven-proof dish place already fried sausage balls, add frozen baby okra and pour the tomato sauce and cover.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 175c for 45 minutes.
8. Serve hot with a side of white rice or flat bread.