Stuffed vegetables are always the Mediterranean cuisine specialty. That what makes the taste of our Arabic food so tasty, outstanding, and cannot be forgotten! Check out this amazing recipe of stuffed potato with tomato sauce that you will absolutely love it.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut little from both bottom sides to have a flat base then hollow their center and fry in hot deep oil until it’s golden in color and half way cooked. Set aside on kitchen tissues to absorb excess oil.
2. Meanwhile, heat the vegetables oil in a frying pan; add onions and sauté for 3 minutes or until it’s tender. Add minced meat and stir until meat is cooked. Season with salt and spices. Add the toasted pine seeds. Stir and remove from heat.
3. Stuff the fried potatoes with the meat mixture and set aside.
4. To make the sauce: warm olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté garlic until fragrant then add tomatoes and stir for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, chicken stock cubes, black pepper and water. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes over a low heat.
5. Pour the tomato sauce in an oven-proof platter.
6. Arrange the stuffed potatoes in the platter over the tomato sauce.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven of 200°C temperature for 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.