Quick and simple, yet very impressive for guests and so delicious! Makes a great side dish, appetizer or light lunch. Check out this oriental dish of stuffed tomato with freekeh, that will melt your heart away!
1. Cut with a sharp knife the top part of the tomato (stem part facing the bottom side) and hollow the tomato to empty the pulp from inside and set them aside. Chop the pulps and set them aside too.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and cook onion until tender then add the beef and stir for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked.
3. Add freekeh, parsley, coriander, mushroom, chicken stock cubes, black pepper and the chopped tomato pulps and stir for 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil with occasional stirring then cover and simmer over a low heat for 25 minutes or until freekehis well cooked. Set aside to cool a little.
4. Fill the empty tomatoes with the prepared freekeh and place them in a baking tray greased with little of olive oil and bake in a 200 C preheated oven for 35 minutes or until tomato is cooked.
5. Remove from the oven and serve with a cup of plain yogurt.