Couscous is a Berber traditional North African dish of semolina, which is cooked by steaming. It is traditionally served with a meat or vegetable stew spooned over it. We dig a little bit deeper to find another usages of couscous in cooking, and guess what?! We find out that you can use this tasty ingredient to make a delicious dessert plate! Check out this interesting recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. Bring fruit juice and rose water to a boil, add couscous, stir well, cover, remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Rub well into grains 3 tablespoons. melted sweet butter.
3. Combine couscous with 1/4 cup each finely ground blanched almonds and pistachio nuts.
4. Mound on serving platter and sprinkle with mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon.
5. Garnish with candy-coated almonds and strawberry pieces.