Taknetta is a unique homemade butter cookie that taste like ‘speculoos’. Its made of oil, flour, sugar, sesame, and almonds. stuff dates with taknetta and serve for your special guests!
Step by Step method
Cooking the Flour:
- Pour oil in a saucepan
- Add flour and mix well.
- Cook on low heat and stir frequently… this is important, it has to be low heat or it will burn.
- As the flour cooks, you will see that the colors of the mixture become darker and the texture thicker.
Adding the other Ingredients:
- After 30 minutes, add sugar, and continue stirring on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- You will see that the mixture will become like a paste.
- Once it starts drying, remove from the heat and add sesame seeds and roasted chopped almonds.
- PlaceTaknetta immediately in a plate, otherwise, if it stays in the pot it will continue cooking and of course burning, that’s the big danger of this recipe... Be careful, it’s really hot!
- AsTaknetta cools down, you will see that a layer of oil forms and comes on top. Do not get rid of this oil it’s necessary to conserve Taknetta.
- You can put the mixture in a closed jar and leave it in your kitchen, not your fridge, for up to 1 month!
- Before using it, make sure you stir it to mix up the oil.
- Place in a plate and serve with toasted bread or dates!