Tameya - The Egyptian flafel - is one of the most famous , vegan, inexpensive Egyptians recipe and eaten by almost 99% of Egyptians . Easy to make and very flavorful. Usually served on breakfast specially on weekends accompanied by fava beans and of course Pita Bread.
Step by Step method
Prepare and store the dough:
- The night before you will need to soak the beans in a bowl over night, trying to change the water once or twice if you can.
- Wash the fresh parsley and coriander and let them dry completely.
- Drain beans, put it in the food processor with garlic and onion. It will be coarse at the beginning but it will come to a smooth texture later.
- Add parsley and coriander then pulse the whole mixture until it is very smooth.
- Add baking soda and coriander, mix well.
- Divide the amount in 4 zip lock bags or according to your family size. freeze to store the remaining dough.
- Defrost The dough by moving it to refrigerator the night before.
- Add an egg. It makes it fluffy
- Add salt to taste.
- Form the dough into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Slightly flatten, you can dip them in sesame seed.
- Fry in 2 inches oil until golden brown (5-7 minutes).