This would make the perfect meal when you want something light and fresh but still hearty. It’s a lovely stand-alone entrée. An easy, 30-minute Thai-inspired carrot and kale salad with a savory-sweet dressing and curried cashews! Flavorful, hearty, so delicious!
1. Add garlic, peanuts and chilies to a mortar and pestle (or just mince very finely) and crush to make a paste. Then add coconut sugar and crush once more.
2. Add lime juice, pineapple juice (optional), and tamari and stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more coconut sugar for sweetness, tamari for saltiness, lime juice for acidity, or crushed birds eye chili for heat. Set aside.
3. To a large mixing bowl add kale and drizzle with a bit of olive or sesame oil and lime juice. Massage for 10-15 seconds to soften and remove some of the bitterness.
4. Add shredded carrot, red onion, cashews and cilantro (optional). Then add dressing and toss to coat.
5. Serve immediately. If storing for later, store the cashews and dressing separately to keep fresh. Salad will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Dressing will keep for 5-7 days.