Enjoy the origional flavor of fish. Grilled Mackerels marinated only with some salt and oil to experience the real taste of this fish. easy to make and healthy dish.
If you liked this recipe and you dont have the fish, bookmark this page and save it until you buy mackerels!
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- First, thaw the mackerels if they are frozen. You can cut the heads off if you wish.
- Gut, wash and drain. Spread the salt all over the mackerels (inside also).
- Let them stay for about 10-15 minutes with salt.
- Salt the onion rings and other vegetables.
- Cook them and mackerels on an electric grill or on a barbecue on medium heat till they are golden brown.
- Serve with lemon or lime wedges.
- Potato salad or smashed potatoes goes well with this dish.
- Take photos, taste and share your experience with us!
Tips & variations
While thawing the frozen fish, first leave it in the fridge (40F) for 12 hours, then thaw it at room temperature for 4-5 hours and cook immediately.
Make sure you do not leave the frozen fish at the room temperature. This would cause the pathogenic organisms to grow and spread all over the fish quickly.
You can share this recipe with your friends and save it to your device as well.