Fresh artichokes stuffed with a mix of rice, vegetables and olive oil. a unique vegetarian dish in taste and serving way...
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Cut the stalks of the artichokes and remove the tips of the leaves with scissors.
- Remove the bottom layer of the leaves as well.
- Open the middle of the artichokes and remove the purple hairy part with a teaspoon.
- Drizzle some lemon juice in the middle part to prevent browning.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients.
- Fill the artichokes starting from the middle and going towards the outer leaves.
- Open up the leaves and try to fill in each leaf even though it is not much.
- Place them in a pot and fill it with hot water until the half of the artichokes.
- Add some salt and lemon into the water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 1-1 ½ hours.
- Occasionally, spoon some water and pour over the artichokes to prevent them from drying.
- Serve either hot or warm.
- Take some photos and show them to our cookers community... share your experience and tell us how does it taste!
Tips & variations
Start eating from the outer leaves and go toward the middle. Place each leaf in between your teeth, pull out and eat the bottom part.
If you like this recipe and you are planning to try it later, bookmark this page and the recipe will be saved on your browser!
You can also print and download the recipe to your device.